"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
- Isabella was up all night coughing and whimpering, I hardly slept.
- She didn’t want to miss the Kindergarten fun day, complete with face painting and ice cream sundaes. So, despite my gut, I let her go, the fight wasn’t worth it to me.
- At Kate’s 5-year check-up I asked about some things that had been bothering her a couple months ago, but not since. We ended up getting a referral to a Pediatric Cardiologist for some testing, I was overwhelmed with the idea of more out of pocket medical bills (we just paid $10,000 for Roger’s stuff in the DR, but that was in Dec, new year, new deductible) and the fear of my baby’s heart.
- At end of appt, found that for the 2nd year in a row there was traces of blood in her urine sample, concerning enough that they want another sample in a couple weeks.
-No sleep, concerned for my sweet little girl, and stressed about the financial strain of it all.
- Spent morning on phone with Social worker, coordinating getting approval for mom to come see Isabella at her Kindergarten graduation tomorrow. Also trying to find coverage for the weekend I am gone with kids and Roger was supposed to watch girls, but found out last night now he has a business trip and has to leave on Saturday.
- Get a call from school to pick up Isabella. I know the policy is that if you have a fever, you can’t be at school for 24hrs. So I make a special request, can she come to the 45 minute OUTDOOR ceremony tomorrow? They say - No.
- School nurse recommends Dr. visit, because of her history of Asthma, 101.5 + degree fever and bronchial sounding cough
- I need to be at School in 1 hour to help at Kindergarten fun day, support Bryan and Kate was looking forward to it.
- Ask sweet neighbor for help (such a common occurrence for me right now)
- Spend 45 minutes on phone with doctors and insurance trying to get an appointment for Isabella at our Ped, and trying to change her primary on her Medical to show as our Ped.
- Tried 2 weeks ago while social worker on vacation, got the run around, and finally told I needed to wait and do it through my social worker.
- Now that she’s back, the Social Worker says I need to call Medical – even though I had asked everyone for that # 2 weeks ago.
- FINALLY (Long story of annoying red tape) get told that they will work on it, there are a couple options if I get there and there still is no clearance, sounds like one of them will work out so I should go to the appointment we have for Isabella at the Ped.
- Sweet neighbor comes to sit with Isabella on the couch so I can take Kate and work Bryan ’s event.
- Go to school function. Near tears at the frustrations of how difficult the day seems. Find 2 friends willing to take my 2 kids from school, so I can make it to appt. with Isabella.
(Kayle is in preschool for the first Thursday ever – thank you JESUS! Can NOT imagine trying to juggle her today on top of everything else)
- Leave event early to take Isabella to Dr. (Concern over her 101 fever and phlegmy cough with known history of asthma and inhaler to be used when sick…but no one told me more than that, so I don’t even know how, let alone when to administer the inhaler.)
- At dr. office they tell me there is a problem with Isabella’s listed primary. I explain all that I was told about options. They tell me none of those options will work. I end up on the phone with a branch manager who tells me everything I have been told to this point is wrong, it will take days, and they can’t see her until all that clears.
-Near tears, hand phone back, retrieve medical card and the tears stream. Scoop Isabella up (poor thing doesn’t understand why we are leaving, why she didn’t see the doctor, and why I am crying – none of which I can explain at the moment)
- I round the corner of the building with her in my arms and tears now streaming down my face. Put her in the car. While buckling the seatbelt I begin to tell her I’m sorry she couldn’t meet my friend Dr. Black when someone comes up behind me and asks what’s going on….It’s Dr. Black…in the parking lot.
- He says he saw me walk by his office window and came to see what was wrong. In a tearful, blubbering mess I explained that they wouldn’t let us see him because of a hassle with the insurance.
- He calmly asks what I need, what I’m concerned about. I show him her inhaler and tell him I don’t know when to know to use it or even how to tell her to do it. (It has an extra apparatus to help, but with her special needs I am not sure if she has a clue what to do). He explains it, in very easy to follow calming instructions.
- He has a stethoscope around his neck which he promptly removes and asks Isabella (while in her carseat) to take some deep breaths. He tells me he can hear the fluid in there and some wheezing, instructs me about frequency with the inhaler and tells me to call if I have more questions or head to the ER.
- Who does that? Love that man. Love that God took care of us even when it felt like I was at the absolute end of my rope.
- Went home and had to call Isabella’s mom to uninvite her to graduation. She offered to call the social worker to get permission to have her at a park during the graduation time so Roger and I could go be with Bryan . Win – win. Social worker approved. Again, God gave me the way out. It was still a horrible day, it was still more than I felt I could bear, at each turn, each frustrating, beaurocratic phone call, at each medical concern for my 5 year old, at each panic mode of what I would do with some kids while I needed to be with others, but through it all God kept providing a way out for me to not be crushed.
- I see His hand working, I am grateful for so many pieces and factors to my day.
- A dear friend called this afternoon to check on me. The same friend who called the first week of having the girls when I closed my door and bawled for 10 minutes. The only 2 “I’m about to lose it” days I’ve had and she called both times. I told her God must really have dialed in to me. Feels so good to verbally vomit sometimes. No fixes, no solutions, just someone to listen to the rotten that is your day.
- Got to go on a walk around the neighborhood with a friend. Fresh air and a listening ear. And through it all I could point out God’s reminding comforting hand that He is with me, He is in this, I am not alone.
- Came home to an email from one of our tenants giving their 30 day notice…Of course, they are. Now I get to list and show our rental property this month too. On top of being HR girl for the 2 positions Roger has at his work. Some day I hope to catch a breather.
No comments:
Post a Comment